Shalom Atzmayim 2017!
My name is Allie Rosen, and I am going to be your Rosh Aidah this summer!
Before we talk about all of the exciting events and פעולות (activities) we have to look forward to this קיץ (summer), I’ll tell you a little bit about myself. I graduated from Indiana University in May 2016 with a degree in Recreational Therapy. Since graduation, I worked as a waitress for a few months before spending most of the year traveling! I spent one month in Europe and Israel, and have spent the last three and a half months traveling through Southeast Asia! I can’t wait to share some pictures with you when we all get to camp. Once camp is over, I am going to be starting a Master’s in Occupational Therapy at University of Illinois at Chicago.
This summer will be my 11th summer at camp! I spent 6 summers as a camper and 4 on staff. I worked with Tikvah and Atzmayim all 4 summers on staff, so for many of you I will be a familiar face, and I can’t wait to work with you again this summer. I also am so excited to meet all the new faces and get to know you. We’re going to have an amazing summer together growing, learning, making friends, and having tons of fun.
I’m sure you’re already excited to be getting up to the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin, but I thought I would make a list of some of the things that you have to look forward to this summer!
1. Working hard and gaining vocational skills through your jobs in Eagle River and around camp!
2. Super fun days off around the Northwoods!
3. Helping your staff program awesome פעולות (activities) for you and your friends to enjoy!
4. The ידידים (friends) program – our staff buddy program to get to know even more people around camp
5. Making new חברים (friends) in Atzmayim and reconnecting with old friends from previous summers!
6. Cooking group where you’ll be able to make your own recipe book to bring home to share with family!
There are so many more things that we all have to look forward to, but I won’t spoil all the great surprises your staff and I have in store for you.
I’m counting down the days until I get to see you all up at Camp Ramah!
See you soon!
Your Rosh Aidah,